Uterine fibroids are a common gynecological disease. After treatment, we must also pay attention to the choice of method, especially under the guidance of a doctor. Surgical treatment also has indicators, so we must pay attention.
How much surgery is needed for uterine fibroids?
Uterine fibroids require surgery, but generally speaking, uterine fibroids exceeding 5 cm indicate a serious condition and require surgical resection. If the uterine fibroids are less than 5cm, the drug treatment method is to control the growth of fibroids. Asymptomatic fibroids do not require treatment. If the uterine fibroids are multiple and the patient does not want to have children, a hysterectomy is recommended to prevent the fibroids from growing again. According to the individual’s age, clinical manifestations and endocrine conditions, the treatment method of uterine fibroids needs to be determined. Under the guidance of a doctor, it is recommended to go to a professional hospital to guide a clear treatment plan.
Treatment for Uterine Fibroids
1. Drug treatment: Drug treatment is relatively conservative, and it is mainly suitable for women with childbearing needs and mild symptoms of fibroids . Drug therapy may also be administered if the patient is objectively unsuitable or very resistant to surgery. It is best to do endometrial curettage before treatment, not only to stop bleeding, but also to obtain first-hand information about the disease.
2. Surgical treatment: Hysterectomy and myomectomy are surgical methods for the treatment of uterine fibroids. Generally speaking, doctors recommend myomectomy to women under the age of 45, because even after menopause, uterine function will continue for 5 to 10 years, and women who remove the uterus prematurely are prone to aging. As for hysterectomy, the doctor’s recommendation is usually total resection. Both resections have the possibility of recurrence, and patients should go to the hospital for regular checkups after surgery to prevent new fibroids from appearing.
3. TCM treatment: TCM treatment focuses on internal regulation, mainly promotes blood circulation, eliminates blood stasis, regulates liver and spleen, clears heat, and detoxifies, and treats uterine tumors starting from combing the endocrine system. When drinking traditional Chinese medicine, patients can also supplement with physical therapy such as acupuncture and massage to consolidate the therapeutic effect.
4. Uterine artery embolization: By blocking the uterine artery and its branches, reducing the blood supply of fibroids, thereby delaying the growth of fibroids and relieving symptoms. However, this method may lead to a decline in ovarian function and increase the potential risk of pregnancy complications, so it is generally not recommended for women who want to have children.
5. Hysteroscopic endometrial resection: It is suitable for patients with heavy menstrual flow and no fertility requirements but wish to preserve the uterus or who cannot tolerate hysterectomy.
Uterine Fibroid Surgical Treatment
1. Vaginal resection (vaginal), abdominal resection (abdominal), laparoscopic (laparoscopic) three kinds of total hysterectomy.
2. Subtotal hysterectomy also has three types: vaginal, abdominal, and laparoscopic.
3. Myomectomy can also be divided into vaginal, abdominal, laparoscopic, and hysteroscopic.
Uterine fibroid diet precautions
1. For patients with uterine fibroids, first of all, pay attention to spicy, alcoholic and frozen foods. If you like spicy food and are a fan of hot food, then these foods may need to be given up. Because spicy food can stimulate endocrine and may cause endocrine imbalance, so as a patient with uterine fibroids, it is best to stay away from hot pot and spicy food.
In addition, friends who like to drink a cup should also give up their love reluctantly, because alcohol is relatively more irritating to the uterus. Drinking alcohol can cause blood to be not very good for emotional control in patients with uterine fibroids. Even in summer, patients with uterine fibroids should not drink cold drinks at will, because they will disrupt menstruation and may cause more serious irregular menstruation. You can eat some black plum soup and mung bean soup to relieve the summer heat
2. Patients with uterine fibroids should not eat mutton, shrimp, crab, eel, salted fish, black fish and other prone foods. In winter, everyone likes to eat a little lamb to warm the body. But it is not suitable for patients with uterine fibroids. These meats contain more fat, and obese women are more likely to develop fibroids. In addition, patients with uterine fibroids should also avoid eating seafood. These seafoods contain more hormones, which can lead to the serious development of uterine fibroids. If you want to add meat, you can eat mutton and chicken
3. Patients with uterine fibroids should not nourish blood and Qi: such as longan, red dates, donkey-hide gelatin, royal jelly, etc. Generally speaking, these things are health products for women to replenish blood and Qi, but they are not suitable for patients with uterine fibroids. Because fibroids are developed on the basis of estrogen, if the level of estrogen in the body is too high, it will promote the growth of fibroids, so these foods should be voided. These ingredients should be removed from the ingredients if nutritional supplementation is required
4. Patients with uterine fibroids should not use oral contraceptives. If patients with uterine fibroids need contraception, they cannot take oral contraceptives. It is best to use condoms and other methods. Because most birth control pills contain estrogen and progesterone, this is very bad for fibroids.For patients with uterine fibroids, try to eat fresh, bland food, do not eat fried, greasy food, canned food should also be eliminated, these foods are not good for health.
Patients with uterine fibroids do not eat grilled, fried, or pickled foods.