Internet Photo

Comprehensive RIA Novosti and the “Russia Today” (RT) website reported on the 24th that Russian security agencies quoted their sources in the Ukrainian Armed Forces as revealing that the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Zaluzhny, who has not appeared in public recently, was seriously injured in a Russian attack near Kherson a few weeks ago and may no longer be able to carry out his command duties.

According to reports from RIA Novosti and RT, in early May, when a Ukrainian army command post near Kherson was attacked by missiles, Zaluzhny suffered head trauma and multiple shrapnel wounds on his body. After the attack, Zaluzhny underwent a craniotomy at a military hospital in Kiev. The doctor’s assessment at the time was that Zaluzhny would not be life-threatening but would not be able to carry out his command duties, the source added. The report also said that Zaluzhny’s physical condition was further complicated by his diabetes.

RT stated that speculation about Zaluzhne’s physical condition emerged after his absence from a high-profile NATO meeting on May 10. NATO Military Committee Director Bauer said at the NATO Chiefs of Staff-level meeting that “Zaluzhne refused to participate in the meeting due to the” tense situation “,” even through video.” According to the report, since then, Zaluzhny has not appeared in public. Although a video showing him in good condition appeared on the Internet recently, it is believed to have been made earlier. The report also mentioned that, regarding the situation in Zaluzhne, Ukrainian Deputy Minister of Defence Anna Malyal said on the 20th that Zaluzhne was “in good health” and was still in charge of command work, and accused her of possible injuriesrticipate in the meeting due to the “tense situation,” even through video. According to the report, since then, Zaluzhny has not appeared in public. Although a video showing him in good condition appeared on the Internet recently, it is believed to have been made earlier. The report also mentioned that, regarding the situation in Zaluzhne, Ukrainian Deputy Minister of Defence Anna Malyal said on the 20th that Zaluzhne was “in good health” and was still in charge of command work, and accused her of possible injuries. The “rumours” of the death were spread by the Russian side.

By Admin